As you may already know, nutrition is a very important part of your pregnancy. If you eat healthy foods, your baby will grow to be healthy and strong—just like you hoped. But did you know that pregnancy can have an effect on your smile? Well, it’s true, and nutrition is also important because it can keep your smile healthy and safe. To help you have the best and strongest smile possible during your pregnancy, our One Market Dental team recommends doing the following things:
· Eat as many healthy foods as possible, like vegetables, fruits, cereals, breads, crackers, milk, cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt.
· Do your best to limit your sugar intake. Try not to eat candy, cookies, and cake or drink sugary drinks on a regular basis.
· As you snack, eat healthy foods, like apples, oranges, carrots, and celery. You can also snack on cheese and yogurt.
· It’s very important to drink fluoridated water throughout the day, so do your best to drink it as much as possible. Another great drink to consume is milk. We do not recommend drinking large amounts of juice, fruit-flavored drinks, and soft drinks.
· If you have trouble with nausea, try to eat small, healthy snacks throughout the day.
Now remember, you also need to keep up on oral hygiene (by brushing, flossing, and rinsing daily) and visit your dentist for your routine cleaning and checkup every six months. If you have any questions or if you would like additional advice on how to care for your smile during pregnancy, we encourage you to call 415.222.9600 and schedule an appointment with Dr. . We will be more than happy to help you!