As the autumn winds ascend upon our dusty homes this season, we must remember that even though the trees will decay, your teeth should not as well. The best proven method for fighting tooth decay is continually fighting back. If you take time off, and let harmful bacteria attack your teeth and gums, cavities can pop up and ruin your holidays. As you are enjoying yourself and the company of those around you, remember to set time away each day to care of your oral health.
Here are few important tips to remember about caring for your teeth:
– Stop by for a visit to your dentist at One Market Dental every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3-4 months or earlier if your bristles are heavily worn.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and fits comfortably into your mouth. Also be sure it can reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Brush your teeth and gums in two minute intervals, twice daily. Don’t forget to floss once daily as well.
– Due to cross-contamination, try to avoid sharing toothbrushes or storing next to other brushes.
– Eat a proper diet, and avoid sugary foods that are difficult to brush away, such as hard candy and chewy taffy.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
It’s important to stick to your routine, and not slack off on your oral health care habits. If you would like to set up an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. , please call us at 415.222.9600, to speak with a member of our friendly staff. You can also stop by our office in San Francisco, California. Have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!