Your health is an essential factor in your life. Diabetes is a condition that threatens your health and is on the rise across our nation. Thousands upon thousands of people are now facing the daily challenges diabetes has to offer. Did you know, your smile could be at risk too?
Your oral health is important, and if you have diabetes, your smile can suffer too. Your dentista at One Market Dental in San Francisco, California, are happy to help you keep your smile healthy.
Here are some tips and information on diabetes and your oral health:
- Correcting issues associated with diabetes in your smile includes making sure you take extra caution with your oral health. Make sure to visit your dentist for regular checkups and frequent cleaning routines.
- To lower your oral health risks if you are struggling with diabetes, always make sure your mouth is free of debris and plaque.
- Diabetes can drastically affect your blood sugar levels, so avoid sugary products in foods.
- Several complications linked to diabetes and your smile include increases in dry mouth, gum disease, tooth decay, and oral health recovery delays.
- If you are suffering from dry mouth due to hitches with diabetes, your mouth while not be able to produce as much saliva, which can leave you vulnerable to further oral health risks.
If you need additional help and information on your oral health, or if you have questions about your teeth, please call us today at 415.222.9600. Our professional dental team is happy to schedule you a time to visit our office and give you an oral health exam.